Genevieve is a perfect choice for anyone who wants to retain the gen sound but is tired of all the overused Jen names. The medieval saint Genevieve, patroness of Paris, defended the city against Attila the Hun through her rathional thinking, courage and prayer.
Genevieve is both dainty and substantial, and can be pronounced either GEN-uh-veev or the French zhahn-vee-EV.
Genevieve is showing signs of a real revival--it reached its its highest ranking since the 1930s in 2015, and dropped only six spots, to 188, last year. It's the 28th most popular name on Nameberry.
Lists containing Genevieve:
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration
- Classic Girl Names That Aren't Boring
- If You Like Josephine, You Might Love...
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Coolator for Girls' Names
- Vintage Baby Names
- Fictional Princess Names
- Steampunk Baby Names
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Feminine Girl Names
- Stylish Girls' Names That End in Consonants