Freda Origin and Meaning
The name Freda is a girl's name of German origin meaning "peaceful,".
Pronounced as Fred with an a, Freda is sometimes heard in England, but mostly among older generations. Much more popular in the U.K. these days, though yet to reach the US, is Freya.
20 Names Similar to Freda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Freda.
Lists containing Freda
Famous People Named Freda
- Winifred May "Freda" Dudley WardEnglish socialite and mistress of the future King Edward VIII
- Winifred Alice "Freda" JamesEnglish tennis player
- Freda Charcilia PayneAmerican R&B singer
- Freda Josephine McDonaldbirth name of Josephine Baker, American,French dancer and entertainer
- Freda Foh ShenAmerican actress
- Freda Gladys NewcombeEnglish neuropsychologist
- Freda MeissnerBlau, Austrian politician
- Winifred "Freda" UtleyEnglish scholar and author
- Freda Bediearly English Buddhist
Freda in Pop Culture
- Mrs Freda Flowerrich widow interested in spiritualism in Muriel Spark's play "The Bachelors" (1961)
- Freda Larch"Second Resurrectionist" in "The Good Companions" (1929) by J. B. Priestley
- Fredamain character in "The Bottle Factory Outing" (1974) by Beryl Bainbridge
- "Good Ol' Freda" (2013)documentary about Freda Kelly, lifelong secretary for The Beatles
- Fredacharacter in G. A. Henty's "The Dragon and the Raven"
- Fredacharacter in the lord of the rings