English word and nature name"to swindle"
Finch Origin and Meaning
The name Finch is a boy's name of English origin meaning "to swindle".
It feels like Finch should be a modern bird name that's as popular as Wren or Lark, but that's not the case - so it's one to consider if you're looking for a nature name that's familiar but rare. These colorful birds have made big contributions to science: the Galápagos finch played an important role in forming Darwin's theory of evolution, and the zebra finch has helped our understanding of how birds learn songs. It's also a surname belonging, amongst other admirable people, to the family in To Kill a Mockingbird.
20 Names Similar to Finch
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Finch.
Lists containing Finch
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Modern Hero Baby Names
- Best Unique Baby Names
- Best Nature Names for Boys
- Unique Nature Names for Babies
- Names with Animal Meanings
- Wild Nature Names
- Nature Names for Babies
Finch in Pop Culture
- In medieval timesthe finch was thought of as a foolish bird.
- Surname of "To Kill a Mockingbird" (1960) characters AtticusJem, and Scout
- Finch McComassolicitor in George Bernard Shaw's "You Never Can Tell" (1895)
- Mr. Finch"Person of Interest" (played by Michael Emerson)
- Justin FinchFletchley, character in Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Theodore Finch "Finch"main character in the book "All the Bright Places"
- J. Pierrepont Finchprotagonist of musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"
More Lists containing Finch
- Nature Names for Boys
- English Names
- English Names for Boys
- 5 Letter Boy Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in H
- Names That Mean Nature
- Names That Mean Swindle
- One Syllable Names for Boys
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.