From the experts:
Maybe it's because she shares that winning -elle sound with Isabel and Bella, but Estelle is no longer seen as a muumuu-wearing canasta player of a certain age (think George Costanza's mother on Seinfeld or Joey Tribbiani's talent agent in Friends). This could be in part thanks to the young Royal Couple of Sweden, who chose it for their firstborn daughter, or the single-named British R&B singer. It reentered the US Top 1000 in 2012 after a nearly fifty-year absence.
Latin version Estella, introduced in Great Expectations, also has energy and charm, while Estrella is another stylish member of this star-related club. Ali Landry has a daughter named Estela. Este and Estee are also in the wind.
16 names similar to Estelle
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Estelle. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Estelle, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!
Lists containing Estelle
Estelle in Blog Posts
- Pet Names: Bye-bye Bella!
- TV Baby Names: Granny names rejuvenated-- Sophie, Sophia and Violet
- Babyberry Roundup: The fourth quarterly report of 2012
- The 12 Most Notable Names of 2012
- Celtic Baby Names: Newbie news from Ireland and Scotland
- Retro Baby Names: Dorothy, Gloria, Maxine and Estelle, the latest comeback kids
Estelle is #191 on Nameberry