Django Origin and Meaning
The name Django is a boy's name of Romani origin meaning "I awake".
Django — the D is silent as most everyone now knows — the nickname of the great Belgian-born jazz guitarist Django (originally Jean Baptiste) Reinhardt, makes a dynamic musical choice for any jazz aficionado. Reinhardt's nickname "Django" is Romani for "I awake." The name has become more familiar with the release of and acclaim for the Quentin Tarantino film Django Unchained.
20 Names Similar to Django
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Django.
Lists containing Django
Famous People Named Django
- Jean Baptiste "Django" ReinhardtBelgian jazz musician
- Django MarshEnglish child actor
- Django Siddigson of actors Nana Visitor and Alexander Siddig
- Django Cody WalkerCountry Singer,Songwriter and son of Country Singer Jerry Jeff Walker
Django in Pop Culture
- Song by punk band Rancid on their 2003 CD "Indestructible"
- Django Djangoname of a Scottish indie band
- "Django" the movie (1966)
- Django Freemanprotagonist of 2012 movie "Django Unchained," by Quentin Tarantino
- Django Browna character on the show "Phineas and Ferb"