Clayton Origin and Meaning
The name Clayton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "place with good clay".
Almost fits into the wildly popular Jaden-Caden-Braden family -- but not quite; a possibility for parents who want a similar but more traditional name.
# 274 in the US
Clayton Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Clayton
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Clayton.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Clayton
Famous People Named Clayton
- Clayton Holmes "Clay" AikenAmerican singer,songwriter and TV personality
- Clayton MooreAmerican actor
- Clayton MorrisAmerican TV journalist
- Clayton "Clay" BuchholzAmerican baseball pitcher
- Clayton KershawAmerican baseball pitcher
- Clayton StonerCanadian ice hockey player
- Clayton AndersonNASA astronaut
- Clayton WatsonAmerican actor
- Clayton Andrew DonaldsonEnglish footballer
- Ernest Clayton "Clay" WalkerAmerican country music singer
- Clayton Dawson "Clay" Tysonson of folk duo Ian & Sylvia Tyson
- Clayton Kattson of actor William Katt
- Jeremiah Clayton "Jeremy" Davisex,bassist for the band Paramore
- Clayton James "Cib"singer and youtube comedian
Clayton in Pop Culture
- Clayton Jonescharacter in the TV show "Carnivale"
- Clayton Andrewscharacter in the Danielle Steele novel "Zoya"
- Clayton Hardingcharacter in movie "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People"
- Clayton Danversa character from the "Women of the Otherworld" Series
- John Clayton aka Tarzan and his fathercharacters in the "Tarzan" novel
- Claytonvillain in Disney's "Tarzan" movie
- Clayton Newmancharacter in comic strip "Adam@Home"
- "Michael Clayton" 2007 American drama film starring George Clooney
- Clayton Gallaghercharacter on Shameless