Chaim Origin and Meaning
The name Chaim is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "life".
Despite being one of the rare boy names that mean life, Chaim barely survived early Jewish immigration, being watered down to Hyman and Hymie. Today, the original seems like the most promising form of the name, familiar thanks to bestselling author Chaim Potok.
# 697 in the US
Chaim Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Chaim
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Chaim.
Lists containing Chaim
Famous People Named Chaim
- Chaim Azriel Weizmann1st President of Israel
- Chaim Herzog6th President of Israel
- Chaim PotokAmerican novelist and rabbi
- Chaim TopolIsraeli actor
- Chaim SoutineBelarusian painter
- Chaim Mordechai RumkowskiPolish,Jewish WWII ghetto leader
- Chaim Witzbirth name of Kiss bassist Gene Simmons
- Hayyim ben Moshe "Chaim" ibn AttarMoroccan Talmudic scholar
- Chaim of VolozhinBelarusian Talmudic scholar
- (Shmaryahu Yosef) Chaim KanievskyIsraeli Haredi authority