Bitsy Origin and Meaning
The name Bitsy is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "pledged to God".
The archetypal diminutive, in every sense of the word. Bitsy enjoyed some use as a nickname in the era when children were named after family members and then called by a cute pet name: Chip, Skip, Babe, Bitsy. As a full name, it has made the US list only three times: in 1943, 1958 and 1962.
20 Names Similar to Bitsy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bitsy.
Lists containing Bitsy
Famous People Named Bitsy
- Elizabeth Andrea "Bitsie" TullochAmerican actress
Bitsy in Pop Culture
- Bitsy Hanniganmother of Mike on TV's "Friends"
- Bitsy Johnsoncharacter on animated series "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"
- Bitsy von Mufflingcharacter on TV's "Sex and the City"
- Bitsy Davidsoncharacter on American soap opera All My Children
- Bitsy Mae Harlingcharacter on TV series Sordid Lives: The Series
- Bitsycharacter in "Fifteen" by Beverly Cleary
- Bitsycharacter in 1968 film "Just for the Hell of It"
- Bitsyhand puppet spider on British children's TV series "Paperplay"
- Bitsyfamily dog in the comic strip "Marvin"
- "Itsy Bitsy Spider" nursery rhyme