The name Aoife is a girl's name of Irish Gaelic origin meaning "beautiful, radiant". Aoife and is often added to lists like Names That Mean Beautiful and discussed in our forums with posts like "Girls Makeover - Two Middles".
From the experts:
Aoife, pronounced EE-fa, is very popular in Ireland, as it is here in the easier-to-comprehend Anglo forms Ava or Eva.
Aoife was borne by several different heroines of ancient Irish legend. In one tale, she was the fiercest woman warrior in the world.
Related names are EABHA and AOIBHE, both currently popular in Ireland.
Lists containing Aoife
Aoife in Blog Posts
- Irish Baby Names: Great new discoveries!
- Latest Baby Name News from Around the Globe
- Most Popular British Names by Letter, 2013
- British Baby Names: Answers to persistent questions about British names
- Pregnancy & Parenting: Great Grammy-Nominated Music for Kids
- 2013 Baby Name Popularity: Latest reports from Scotland and more
Aoife in the Forums
16 names similar to Aoife
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aoife. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Aoife, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!