Spelling variation of Alan meaning "handsome, cheerful""handsome, cheerful"
Allan Origin and Meaning
The name Allan is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "handsome, cheerful".
This extra-L variation of Alan isn't quite as popular as the original. Both spellings remain popular in Ireland and England.
# 823 in the US
Allan Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Allan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Allan.
Lists containing Allan
Famous People Named Allan
- Allan Franklin ArbusAmerican actor and photographer, and the husband of photographer Diane Arbus
- Allan McLeod CormackSouth African physicist, winner of the Nobel Prize
- Allan Leslie WaltersAustralian Air Force commander
- Joseph Aloysius "Allan" DwanCandian,American film director
- Allan Joseph LambEnglish cricketer
- Allan Michael RockCanadian politician and U.N. ambassador
- Allan Robert BellChief Minister of the Isle of Man
- Edgar Allan PoeAmerican poet and novelist
Allan in Pop Culture
- Allan Armadalemain character in Wilkie Collins's 1866 mystery novel "Armadale"
- Allan Quatermainmain character in H. Rider Haggard's adventure novel series