Greek"the praised one"
Aeneas Origin and Meaning
The name Aeneas is a boy's name of Greek origin meaning "the praised one".
He was the legendary son of Venus, hero of Troy and Rome, and broke the heart of Queen Dido of Carthage. Sure, its more challenging than Charlie - but if you're looking this name up, that's probably part of its appeal.
20 Names Similar to Aeneas
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aeneas.
Lists containing Aeneas
- Biblical Baby Names
- Ruling Roman God Names
- Ancient Greek Names
- Cool Boy Names From Ancient Cultures
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Names That Mean Honor
- Names That Mean Gratitude or Thanks
- Mythological Names
Famous People Named Aeneas
- Aeneas WilliamsAmerican football player
- Aeneas Lionel Acton MackintoshBritish Merchant Navy officer and Antarctic explorer with Sir Ernest Shackleton
- Aeneas CoffeyIrish exciseman and inventor
- Aeneas Francon WilliamsScottish minister and poet
- Aeneas of Gaza(5th / 6th century) Neo,Platonic philosopher
Aeneas in Pop Culture
- AeneasTrojan hero and legendary founder of Rome; subject of Virgil's "The Aeneid"