Noam Origin and Meaning
Noam is an underused modern Hebrew name with any number of attractive attributes attached to its meaning; it doesn't have the biblical weight of Noah, but could make a more distinctive alternative to that popular choice. Noam is a Top 10 boys' name in Israel.
Noam is also a place-name in south Israel, where it is sometime used for girls. Its most prominent bearer is the distinguished linguist and social activist Noam Chomsky (born Avram Noam).
Noaz is an even more unusual Hebrew choice.
Noam Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Noam
Famous People Named Noam
- Sacha Noam Baron CohenEnglish actor/comedian
- Noam PitlikAmerican actor
- Noam KatzAmerican Jewish religious musician
- Noam PikelnyAmerican banjoist
- (Avram) Noam ChomskyAmerican author, linguist, political activist
- Noam OkunIsraeli tennis player
- Noam ZylbermanIsraeli,Canadian voice actor
- Noam KanielIsraeli singer and composer
- Noam MurroIsraeli film director and producer