Dutch short form of Matthijs"gift of God"
Thijs Origin and Meaning
The name Thijs is boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "gift of God".
Pronounced to rhyme with nice, Thijs is a popular Dutch name short for that country's form of Matthew. Matt Lauer's half-Dutch son is called Thijs.
20 Names Similar to Thijs
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thijs.
Famous People Named Thijs
- Thijs van LeerDutch musician of progressive rock band Focus
- Thijs Joris AlDutch cyclist
- Thijs BermanDutch MEP
- Thijs LibregtsDutch footballer and coach
- Thijs Maarten van ValkengoedDutch Olympic swimmer
- Thijs Lauer (b. 2006)son of American television journalist Matt Lauer