Tadhg Origin and Meaning
The name Tadhg is boy's name of Irish origin meaning "poet".
The name of several ancient kings and princes of Ireland, Tadhg became so common at one point that it was used to represent a kind of Irish Gaelic everyman, or man in the street, as Paddy and Mick would later. Tadhg has seen a major resurgence in recent years and is also now ranked in England. It is sometimes used as the Irish equivalent of Timothy and is also anglicized as Teague and Thaddeus. Tadleigh and Thad are pet forms.
20 Names Similar to Tadhg
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tadhg.
Famous People Named Tadhg
- (Joseph) Tadhg KellyAmerican actor
- Tadhg Ó NeachtainIrish poet and scribe
- Tadhg Dall Ó hUiginnIrish poet
- Tadhg Óg Ó CianáinIrish diarist
- Tadhg De BúrcaIrish GAA Waterford Hurler
- Tadhg KennellyIrish footballer
- Tadhg John Foden (b. 2015) son of Ben Foden and Una Healy