English variation of Stephen"garland, crown"
Steven Origin and Meaning
The name Steven is boy's name of English origin meaning "garland, crown".
Steven, the phonetic and now predominant spelling of the classier Stephen, has finally dropped out of the Top 100 after seventy years. Steve has become one of the ultimate regular-guy names, right up there with Dave and Joe. and there have been innumerable pop-culture role models among its bearers--from Steven Spielberg to Steven Soderbergh to Steve Jobs.
# 235 in the US
Steven Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Steven
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Steven.
Famous People Named Steven
- Steven Gregory Drozdmulti,instrumentalist in The Flaming Lips
- Steven Paul "Steve" JobsAmerican co,founder of Apple, Inc.
- Steven Tyler (born Steven Victor Tallarico)American singer of band Aerosmith
- Steven Allan SpielbergAmerican film producer and director
- Steven ChuU.S. secretary of energy and Nobel Prize winner
- Steven Andrew SoderberghAmerican film director
- Steven Rodney "Steve" McQueenAmerican film director
- Steven Anthony "Steve" BallmerAmerican former CEO of Microsoft
- Steven John "Steve" CarellAmerican actor/comedian
- Steven Curtis ChapmanAmerican Christian singer,songwriter
- Steven Randall "Randy" Jacksonsinger of The Jackson 5
- Steven Frederic SeagalAmerican actor
- Steven George GerrardEnglish footballer
- Terence Steven "Steve" McQueenAmerican actor
- Steven Harland "Steve" MillerAmerican singer,songwriter
- Steven Lee "Luke" LukatherAmerican musician of band Toto
- Steven Siro "Steve" VaiAmerican singer,songwriter
- Steven James Andersonbirth name of American pro wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
- Broderick Steven "Steve" HarveyAmerican comedian and TV host
- Steven CavarnoAmerican actor; twin brother Andrew Cavarno
- Steven WeinbergAmerican theoretical physicist & Nobel prize winner
- Steven Charles ShieldsCanadian ice hockey player
- Steven CabralAmerican actor
- Steven BestAmerican animal rights advocate
- Steven Alan Averysubject of the documentary "Making a Murderer"
- Steven Yeun (born Yeun Sangyeop), Korean,American actor
- Steven Blake CrowderAmerican political commentator
- Steven N'Kemboanza Mike N'ZonziFrench professional footballer
- Steven Patrick Morrisseyenglish indie singer and frontman of the Smiths
Steven in Pop Culture
- Stevenmain character in short story "Point Blank" by author Justine Avery
- Steven Hydecharacter on TV's "That 70s Show"
- Steven Floyd Torkelsoncharacter on TV's "The Torkelsons"
- Steven Filmorecharacter in 'Torment' by Lauren Kate
- Steven Frasercharacter in movie "Cyberbully"
- Steven Craincharacter in "The Haunting of Hill House"
- Steven H. Pricecharacter in "House on Haunted Hill"
- Steven Stonecharacter in Pokémon video games
- Steven Freelingcharacter in the Poltergeist series
- Stevencharacter created by rocker Alice Cooper
- Steven "Steve" Rogers aka Captain AmericaMarvel comics character
- Steven Rockwell "Steve" TrevorDC comics character
- Steven McgarrettHawaii Five,0
- Estevan "Steven" Tilpec Two Twocharacter in Barbara Kingsolver's book "The Bean Trees"
- "Steven Quartz Universe" character from animated series of the same name aired on Cartoon Network
- Steven Kodalysupporting character in musical "She Loves Me"
- Steven Hillercharacter in the 1996 film "Independence Day" Captain Steven Hiller, a Marine F/A,18 pilot
- Steven "Steve" Quincy Urkelcharacter on the ABC TGIF sitcom "Family Matters"