German, Slavic"someone who achieves glory or fame"
Stanislav Origin and Meaning
The name Stanislav is boy's name of German origin meaning "someone who achieves glory or fame".
A long-haired classical conductor name, which could appeal to parents looking for a Laszlo-like appellation. This is an old and common name with many spelling variations. Stanislaw Lem was a noted Polish science fiction writer and philosopher, Stanislav Ianevski is the Bulgarian actor who played Viktor Krum in Harry Potter.
20 Names Similar to Stanislav
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Stanislav.
Lists containing Stanislav
Famous People Named Stanislav
- Stanislav IanevskiBulgarian actor
- Stanislav BirnerCzech tennis player
- Stanislav Oleksandrovych MorozovRussian Olympic pair figure skater
- Stanislav GrofCzech psychologist
- Stanislav ŠestákSlovak footballer
- Stanislav Salamovich CherchesovRussian footballer