Irish, Hebrew"stately, gift"
Shay Origin and Meaning
The name Shay is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Hebrew, Irish origin meaning "stately, gift".
A variant spelling of either Irish Shea or Hebrew Shai, Shay feels at once vintage and modern.
# 903 in the US
Shay Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Shay
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Shay.
Famous People Named Shay
- Shannon Ashley "Shay" MitchellCanadian actress
- Shay DoronIsraeli basketball player
- Shay AstarAmerican actress and singer
- Shay YoungbloodAmerican novelist and playwright
- Indie Shay Lewisdaughter of Aaron Lewis
Shay in Pop Culture
- Shay Van Burenmain character in the YouTube series "Most Popular Girls in School"
- Shaycharacter from The Uglies Series
- Leslie Shaycharacter on TV's "Chicago Fire"
- Carly Shaymain character on TV's "iCarly"