Sarai Origin and Meaning
The name Sarai is a girl's name of Hebrew, Irish origin meaning "princess".
In the Old Testament, God changed Sarai's name to Sara, so this would make a clever and legitimate honor name for an ancestral Sarah. Sarahi is another pretty variation to make the connection even more clear.
# 428 in the US
Sarai Rank in US Top 1000
# 762 on Nameberry
Sarai Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Sarai
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sarai.
Famous People Named Sarai
- Sarai Marie Howard aka Miss 86American rapper
- Sarai GivatyIsraeli actress and model
- Sarai ShermanAmerican painter
- Sarai Gascón MorenoSpanish Paralympic swimmer
- Sarai WalkerAmerican novelist
Sarai in Pop Culture
- Saraiyu "Sarai" Balitangcharacter from the "Daughter of the Lioness" series by Tamora Pierce
- Saraicharacter from "Strange the Dreamer" by Laini Taylor
- Queen Saraicharacter from "The Dragon Prince" (by the creators of ATLA)