Greek mythology name"wrathful"
Odysseus Origin and Meaning
The name Odysseus is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "wrathful".
The name of the brave, resourceful hero of Homer's epic saga has almost always been considered too weighty for a child to bear, but at this point, some brave, resourceful parents out there might be willing to take it on.
20 Names Similar to Odysseus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Odysseus.
Famous People Named Odysseus
- Odysseus Elytisawarded the Nobel Prize in Literature
Odysseus in Pop Culture
- OdysseusGreek mythological figure, main character in Homer's "Odyssey"
- Literally translates to "to be angryto hate"
Odysseus in Nameberry Blog Posts
- 16 Wild Baby Names You're About to Hear a Lot More Of
- Bridgerton Names: Fantasy or historic reality?
- Valentine’s Day Baby Names Mean Love
- On the Lighter Side: Sibsets to Avoid
- U Names for Babies Are the Most Unique
- Weird Celebrity Baby Names
- Moonstruck Names: Lunar names from Calypso to Cressida
- That Name Means What????