Greek"from the sea"
Nerissa Origin and Meaning
The name Nerissa is girl's name of Greek origin meaning "from the sea".
An offbeat possible replacement for the overused Melissa and Marisa, Nerissa was used by Shakespeare for Portia's witty confidante in The Merchant of Venice. Queen Elizabeth has a cousin named Nerissa.
20 Names Similar to Nerissa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nerissa.
Famous People Named Nerissa
- Nerissa Jane Irene BowesLyon, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II
- Nerissa Bretania UnderwoodGuamanian Senator
- Nerissa Lovelate fiancee of cricketer Bob Blair; portrayed in film "Tangiwai"
- Nerissa NieldsAmerican singer,songwriter of duo The Nields
- Nerissa Corazon SoonRuiz, Filipina politician
Nerissa in Pop Culture
- Nerissacharacter in Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice"
- Nerissavillain on TV's "W.I.T.C.H"
- Nerissathe "little mermaid" from the game series, 'The Wolf Amongst Us'
- NerissaLuxa's frail cousin in Gregor The Overlander
- Nerissawater faerie and the mother of Mark and Helen Blackthorn in Cassandra Clare's books