German variation of Madeline; combination of Mary and Magdalen
Marlene Origin and Meaning
The name Marlene is girl's name of German origin.
Marlene Dietrich made it famous when she condensed her first two names, Maria and Magdalena. Now more often pronounced with two syllables rather than three.
20 Names Similar to Marlene
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Marlene.
Famous People Named Marlene
- Marie Magdalene "Marlene" DietrichGerman actress
- Marlene FavelaMexican actress
- Marlene HaggeAmerican pro golfer
- Marlène JobertFrench actress and children's book author, mother of actress Eva Green
- Marlene KingAmerican TV producer
- Marlene van NiekerkSouth African author
- Marlene WeingärtnerGerman tennis player
Marlene in Pop Culture
- Marlene McKinnoncharacter in the "Harry Potter" series
- Marlene Wallacecharacter in video game Final Fantasy VII
- Marlenecharacter in the Divergent series
- Marlene GriggsKnope, Leslie's mother on TV's "Parks and Recreation"
- "Martha Marcy May Marlene" 2011 film