Lucifer Origin and Meaning
The name Lucifer is boy's name of Latin origin meaning "light-bearer".
Lucifer is the name of the archangel cast into hell -- theologians disagree on whether he and Satan are separate beings -- and as such has long been on the forbidden list for religious parents. Still banned in New Zealand, Lucifer is occasionally used in the contemporary U.S.: Six boys were given the name in the most recent year counted.
20 Names Similar to Lucifer
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lucifer.
Famous People Named Lucifer
- Lucifer aka SatanBiblical archangel of music cast out of heaven
- LuciferBiblical Babylonian king
- LuciferBishop of Cagliari, Sardinia who opposed Arianism
- Luciferring name of Timothy James "Tim" Burke, American pro wrestler
Lucifer in Pop Culture
- Lucifercat in Disney's "Cinderella"
- Lucifer "Luci" character on TV's "Supernatural"
- LuciferLucinda's former soul mate in Lauren Kate's Fallen series
- Lucifer Bradfordcharacter in the 'Neighbours from Hell' series by R.L. Mathewson (first appearance, Game Plan)
- Lucifer Morningstartitular character in FOX channel's "Lucifer"
- "Lucifer" song by Jay,Z, produced by Kanye West
- "Lucifer" a song by Korean boy band SHINee
- Lucifer (Hanzo)a character from "The Devil is a Part,Timer!" [English Dub made by Funimation]
- Lucifer is the Latin word for "Morning Star"