Variation of Leo, Latin"lion"
Lio Origin and Meaning
The name Lio is boy's name of Hawaiian origin meaning "lion".
This alternative spelling of Leo is popular with German-speaking parents. It's rare in English-speaking areas, which could be a burden, but the advantage is that it could be short for (or honor) a name such as Julio or Lionel.
20 Names Similar to Lio
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lio.
Famous People Named Lio
- Lee "Lio" HyungSang, South Korean footballer
- Leonel "Lio" Cunha GuerraPortuguese footballer
- (Filiga) Lio FalanikoSamoan rugby union player
- L.I.O. PétrodollarsFrench rapper of group Sexion d'Assault
- Lio Rushring name of Lionel Green, American pro wrestler
- Liostage name of Wanda Maria Ribeiro Furtado Tavares de Vasconcelos, Belgian female singer
Lio in Pop Culture
- "Liō" comic strip by Mark Tatulli and its main character
- Lio Convoycharacter in anime "Beast Wars II"