Alternate spelling of Lillian, English"lily; pledged to God"
Lilian Origin and Meaning
The name Lilian is girl's name of English origin meaning "lily; pledged to God".
Lilian is the far less popular than the ‘Lillian’ spelling. To avoid a lifetime of mistakes and misspellings, we suggest you go with the Lillian spelling, which also looks more polished on paper. Whichever spelling you prefer, these names are benefitting from the fashion for girls' names starting with L.
# 639 in the US
Lilian Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Lilian
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lilian.
Famous People Named Lilian
- (Mary) Lilian Henriette Lucie Josephine Ghislainesecond Queen consort of Leopold III of the Belgians
- Lilian May DaviesPrincess of Sweden, Duchess of Halland; wife of Prince Bertil
- Lilian BlandBritish aviator and builder of the first powered aircraft in Ireland
- Lilian Harvey (born Helene Lilian Muriel Pape)German,British actress
- (Emily) Lilian WhitingAmerican journalist and author
- Lilian Annette GarciaPuerto Rican,American singer and wrestling ring announcer
- Lilian LeeChinese novelist
- Lilian Mary BaylisEnglish theater producer
- Lilian HardyEnglish actress
- Lilian BrynerSwiss racing driver
- Lilian Maria Johanna Sibertha HelderDutch politician
- Lilian WinstanleyBritish scholar, academic and writer
- Leonore Lilian MariaPrincess of Sweden, Duchess of Gotland
- (Lilian) Anette BörjessonSwedish footballer and badminton player
Lilian in Pop Culture
- Liliancharacter from TV series "Flash Gordon"
- Lilian Kaushtuppercharacter from TV series "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"