Feminine variation of Joseph"Jehovah increases"
Josepha Origin and Meaning
The name Josepha is girl's name of Hebrew, German origin meaning "Jehovah increases".
Josepha is less heard in this country than in other parts of the world, seen as a slightly awkward feminization a la Ricarda and Benjamina. In the U.S., Josephine or Joanna is the more usual feminine form of Joseph, though you might consider Josepha if you want to break rank.
20 Names Similar to Josepha
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Josepha.
Famous People Named Josepha
- Maria Josepha Benedikta Antonia Theresia Xaveria Philippinelast Queen of Poland by marriage to Augustus III
- Maria Josepha of Bavaria (Marie Josephe Antonie Walburga Felicitas Regula)Holy Roman Empress as wife of Joseph II
- Maria Josepha Amalia Beatrix Xaveria Vincentia Aloysia Franziska de Paula Franziska de Chantal Anna Apollonia Johanna Nepomucena Walburga Theresia AmbrosiaQueen consort of Ferdinand VII of Spain
- Maria Josepha Karolina Eleonore Franziska Xaveria of SaxonyDauphine of France as wife of Dauphin Louis; mother of Louis XVI
- María Josepha Sophia de IturbidePrincess of Mexico
- Maria Josepha Luise Philippine Elisabeth Pia Angelika MargaretePrincess of Saxony; Archduchess of Austria
- Maria Josepha (Maria José Joana Eulália Leopoldina Adelaide Isabel Carolina Micaela Rafaela Gabriela Francisca de Assis e de Paula Inês Sofia Joaquina Teresa Benedita Bernardina)Infanta of Portugal, Duchess in Bavaria
- Josepha DuschekBohemian opera singer
- Josepha Weber HoferAustrian opera singer and sister,in,law of Mozart
- Josepha ShermanAmerican novelist
- Josepha Barbara AuernhammerAustrian pianist and composer
- Sarah Josepha Haleauthor of the nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
- Maria Antonia Josepha Johannabirth name of Marie Antoinette of France
Josepha in Pop Culture
- Josèphafrom Balzac's 1847 novel La Cousine Bette ("singer and tart; mistress to Hulot")