Iker Origin and Meaning
The name Iker is boy's name of Basque origin meaning "visitation".
Long an extremely popular name in Spain, Iker (usually pronounced EE-kuhr in the English speaking world) is the rare Basque name that's starting to make it big in the States also, thanks to soccer player Iker Casillas. Indeed, it's been one of the fastest growing boys' names of the decade.
# 481 in the US
Iker Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Iker
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Iker.
Famous People Named Iker
- Iker CasillasSpanish footballer
- Iker MuniainSpanish footballer
- Iker FloresSpanish cyclist
- Iker Garmendia (b. 2012)son of soprano Aïnhoa Arteta and equestrian Jesús Garmendia
- Iker Andrey Bolivar (b. 2014)son of footballer Víctor Bolívar and model Alejandra Rodríguez
Iker in Pop Culture
- Pronounced EEkehr, not EE,keer or I,kehr.