Anglicized form of Irish Dearbhla or Deirbhile"daughter of the poet"
Dervla Origin and Meaning
The name Dervla is girl's name of Irish origin meaning "daughter of the poet".
Tongue twister of a name common in Ireland in both its Gaelic and its Anglicized forms. American or British parents looking for an Irish name that's still largely unknown in the outside world might consider this.
20 Names Similar to Dervla
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dervla.
Famous People Named Dervla
- Dervla KirwanIrish actress
- Dervla MurphyIrish travel author
- Dervla MagennisIrish pop singer
- Dervla BurkeIrish singer of group Crystal Swing
Dervla in Pop Culture
- Dervla Nolancharacter in "Dead Famous" by Ben Elton
- Dervla Dovechild in book/film "Flight of the Doves"
- Dervladog on British TV series "Casualty"