Cian Origin and Meaning
The name Cian is boy's name of Irish origin meaning "ancient".
A handsome Irish name for boys, very popular in that country, but in the US this traditional spelling might cause pronunciation problems. Still, whether Cian or Kian, it's simple and straightforward enough for the initiated. Cian is rising in the British popularity charts. This was the name of several legendary figures, including Cian, son of the god of medicine. His own son was Lugh, the sun god and father of the Ulster warrior Cuchulain and Cian is also the name of the son-in-law of the high king Brian Boru. So very well connected.
20 Names Similar to Cian
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cian.
Famous People Named Cian
- Cián O'ConnorIrish equestrian
- Cian Thomas BolgerIrish footballer
- Cian HealyIrish rugby union player
- Cian CiaranWelsh keyboardist of band Super Furry Animals
- Cian James HughtonEnglish footballer
- Cian MorrinIrish singer of boy band HomeTown
- Cian NugentIrish guitarist and songwriter
Cian in Pop Culture
- CíanIrish mythological figure; son of Dian Cecht of the Tuatha Dé Danann; father of Lug