ka-LYE-oh-pee or ka-lee-OH-pee.
Greek mythology name"beautiful voice"
Calliope Origin and Meaning
The name Calliope is girl's name of Greek origin meaning "beautiful voice".
Calliope is the name of the muse of epic poetry -- and also the musical instrument on the merry-go-round. Bold and creative, it would not be the easiest name for a girl lacking such qualities. It debuted in the US Top 1000 in 2016. While Americans usually pronounce this name with a long I sound and the emphasis on the second syllables, Greeks pronounce it with the emphasis on the third syllable -- ka-lee-OH-pee.
# 583 in the US
Calliope Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Calliope
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Calliope.
Famous People Named Calliope
- Saint Calliope aka Kalliopi3rd century Roman martyr
- Calliope "Callie" ThorneAmerican actress
- Calliope TsoupakiGreek pianist and composer
- Calliope "Popi" MaliotakiGreek folk,pop singer
- Calliope Maeve Day (b. 2017)daughter of Felicia Day
Calliope in Pop Culture
- Dr. Calliope Iphigenia "Callie" Torrescharacter on TV's Grey's Anatomy
- Calliope/Callie/Cal Stephanidesnarrator of Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex
- Calliopecharacter in "Scrambled Eggs at Midnight" by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler
- Calliopemain character in Aimee Carter's "Goddess Test"
- Calliope "Callie" character in the webcomic Homestuck
- Calliopecharacter in the Burn Journals by Brad Runyon
- Calliope Jonescharacter on TV's "Days of our Lives"
- Calliope Bellcharacter in Stephanie Perkins "Lola and the Boy Next Door"
- Calliopeone of the ugly stepsisters in Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella
- Calliopecharacter in "Coyote Blue" by Christopher Moore
- Calliope "Callie"main character in "Oblivion" by Sasha Dawn, who suffers from graphomania, an irresistible urge to write
- Calliopecharacter on TV's "One Tree Hill"
- The Calliopehousing project in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Calliope Chadwickcharacter in Mother,Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick
- Calliope Junipera character from The Simpsons