German, Dutch"grace + oath"
Anneliese Origin and Meaning
The name Anneliese is girl's name of German, Dutch origin meaning "grace + oath".
Anneliese is a German and Dutch combination of Anna and Liese (a form of Elizabeth) with an Old World feel but modern appeal. The Anglicized Annalise spelling in in the US Top 500, but this authentic German version has only ever broken into the US Top 1000 once, back in 2005.
20 Names Similar to Anneliese
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anneliese.
Famous People Named Anneliese
- Anneliese SeubertGerman,Australian model
- Anneliese Louise van der PolDutch,American actress
- Anneliese RothenbergerGerman operatic soprano
- Anna Elisabeth "Anneliese" MichelGerman victim of an alleged demonic possession and inspiration for the film "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"
- Anneliese KüppersGerman equestrienne
- Anneliese GroscurthGerman Nazi resistor
- Anneliese von OettingenGerman ballerina
- Anneliese SchuhProxauf, Austrian skier
- Anneliese DoddsBritish MEP
- Anneliese BullingGerman,American art historian
- Anneliese MaierGerman historian
- Annelies Marie "Anne" FrankDutch Jewish Holocaust diarist
Anneliese in Pop Culture
- Annelieseprincess in "Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper"
- AnnelieseGerman polka song by Hans,Arno Simon