Western novelist Zane (born Pearl!) Grey made this name famous. Now, it's in tune with the style of our times, retaining that appealing cowboy image.
Zane Grey was the great-grandson of Ebenezer Zane, founder of Zanesville, Ohio, the town where the writer was born. The name Zane has been on the popularity list since 1921, the heyday of such Zane Grey novels as The Riders of the Purple Sage.
The Arabic name Zayn, as in musician Zayn Malik, sounds exactly the same as Zane but has a different root. Zayn is one of the fastest-rising names in recent years. And some parents--including country singer Mindy McReady -- use the spelling Zayne.
Lists containing Zane:
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Boy Names Dads Like More Than Moms
- If You Like Zachary, You Might Love...
- Coolator for Boys' Names
- Literary Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- Hipster Baby Names
- If You Like Cody, You Might Love...
- Cool Baby Names That Start With Z
- Cool Guy Names
- Badass Baby Names
- Soap Opera Baby Names
- Cowboy Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Baby Names Everyone Thinks Are Cool
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Attitude Names for Boys
- Strong Boy Names