English occupational name"guard, watchman"
Ward Origin and Meaning
The name Ward is a boy's name of English origin meaning "guard, watchman".
Until recently Ward was, like Wally, a Cleaver name, but today's parents are seeing it as a cooler nickname for Edward than Eddie, and are also beginning to use it on its own.
20 Names Similar to Ward
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ward.
Lists containing Ward
- Names to Substitute for Edward
- Streamlined Baby Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
- Attitude Nicknames for Boys
- Popular English Boy Names
- Unusual Boy Names
- Celebrity Baby Word Names
- Film Noir Baby Names
- Occupational Baby Names
- American Last Names
Famous People Named Ward
- Wardell Edwin "Ward" BondAmerican character actor
- John Edward "Ward" Burton IIIAmerican NASCAR driver
- Ward LeRoy ChurchillAmerican author and political activist
- Ward Charles Kelley (b. 2016)son of American singer,songwriter Charles Kelley
Ward in Pop Culture
- Ward Cleaverdad on TV's "Leave It to Beaver"
- Ward Nelsoncharacter in movie "North"
- Ward Zabacside,character on "Final Fantasy VIII"
- Ward Earpgreat,grandson of Wyatt Earp on TV's "Wynonna Earp"
- Grant Warda character in MARVEL's Agent's of Shield TV show
More Lists containing Ward
- English Names
- English Names for Boys
- 4 Letter Boy Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in D
- Names That Mean Watchman
- One Syllable Names for Boys
- Names that Peaked in 1899
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.