Thea is the Anglicized spelling of Theia, the Titan of sight and the shining light of the clear blue sky. She is the consort of Hyperion, and mother of Helios, Selene, and Eos. Whether pronounced THEE-a or THAY-a or TAY-a, Thea presents an appealing artistic image, sensitive and serene. Thea has also been used as a short form of the names Dorothea, Althea, Anthea, and Theodora.
Thea has been one of the fastest-rising names in the US in recent years, jumping almost 500 spots in two years to enter the Top 300 in 2016. It's also popular in Scandinavia; it was a top name in Norway in 2006 and 2007.
Lists containing Thea:
- Creative Baby Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- If You Like Emma, You Might Love...
- If You Like Eva, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Fashionable Classic Baby Names