The name Thea is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "goddess, godly". Thea is ranked #269 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Antique Baby Names Back in Style and discussed in our forums with posts like "Baby a Day".
From the experts:
Thea is the Anglicized spelling of Theia, the Titan of sight and the shining light of the clear blue sky. She is the consort of Hyperion, and mother of Helios, Selene, and Eos. Whether pronounced THEE-a or THAY-a or TAY-a, Thea presents an appealing artistic image, sensitive and serene. Thea has also been used as a short form of the names Dorothea, Althea, Anthea, and Theodora.
Lists containing Thea:
- Creative Baby Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- If You Like Emma, You Might Love...
- If You Like Eva, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Fashionable Classic Baby Names
- English Names with International Style