Teresa Origin and Meaning
The name Teresa is a girl's name of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese origin meaning "to harvest".
Teresa, the simpler phonetic form of this name, was the most popular variation for its early life, when it was used exclusively in Spain and Portugal. Teresa and all its variations are far off their mid-20th-century peak now, though the name has many worthy namesakes including Saint Teresa and Mother Teresa. Short forms Tess and Tessa are now more fashionable. Other spellings to check out: Theresa, the usual English form, and the French Therese.
# 746 in the US
Teresa Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Teresa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Teresa.
Lists containing Teresa
Famous People Named Teresa
- Saint Teresa of AvilaSpanish mystic
- Saint Mother Teresa (born Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu)Albanian nun and missionary
- Teresa Cristina Maria Giuseppa Gaspare Baltassare Melchiore Gennara Francesca de Padova Donata Bonosa Andrea d'Avelino Rita Luitgarda Geltruda Venancia Taddea Spiridione Rocca Matilde of the Two SiciliesEmpress consort of Dom Pedro II of Brazil
- Maria Teresa Mestre (y Batista)Grand Duchess consort of Henri of Luxembourg
- Teresa Mary "Tez" PalmerAustralian actress
- Teresa Michelle ScanlanMiss America 2011
- Teresa TengTaiwanese pop singer
- Teresa Victoria "T.V." CarpioAmerican singer,songwriter and actress
- (Muriel) Teresa WrightAmerican actress
- Teresa EdwardsAmerican basketball player and coach
- Teresa Brewer (born Theresa Veronica Breuer)American pop singer
- Teresa Mo (Sunkwan), Hong Kong actress
- Teresa BudziszKrzyżanowska, Polish actress
- Teresa Zuzanna CegleckaZielonka, Polish political activist
- Teresa PoliasAustralian soccer player
- Teresa Noyola BayardoMexican football player
- Maria Teresa Francisca de Assis Antónia Carlota Joana Josefa Xavier de Paula Micaela Rafaela Isabel GonzagaPrincess of Beira, claimant to the Spanish throne
- Maria Teresa Fernanda Felicitas Gaetana Pia of SavoyDuchess consort of Charles II, Duke of Parma
- María Teresa Antonia Rafaela of Spain; wife of LouisDauphin of France
- Maria Teresa de FilippisItalian racing driver
- Maria Teresa MirabalDominican activist
Teresa in Pop Culture
- Teresa Lisbonmain character on TV's "The Mentalist"
- Teresa "Terri" Fletchermain character in movie "Raise Your Voice"
- Teresa "Tess" Bellcharacter on Australian soap "Neighbours"
- Teresa Mendozamain character in Spanish telenovela "La Reina del Sur"
- Teresa Brisbyfield mouse in movie "The Secret Of NIMH"
- Teresa of the Faint Smilecharacter in manga "Claymore"
- Teresacharacter in "The Maze Runner"
- Teresa Bankscharacter on TV's "Twin Peaks"
- Teresa Riveraa Mattel fashion doll who is Barbie's fictional best friend
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.