From the experts:
Suri, a once obscure exotic name, hit the headlines when chosen by Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise for their daughter in 2007. Multi-cultural, it also means "the sun" in Sanskrit, "rose" in Persian, and is the name of the Andean Alpaca's wool, as well as a Yiddish form of Sarah, a title used for Jain monks, and a Japanese word for pickpocket.
Suri has not been picked up on by many other parents.
16 names similar to Suri
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Suri. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Suri, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!
Lists containing Suri
Suri in Blog Posts
- Hebrew Baby Names: 5 things you might not know
- Portuguese Baby Names: The aristo trend
- Dreama, Rumi, and James: From quirky to classic
- S-Names for Girls: Popularity of "S" vs. "Sh" sounds
- Francesco, Rocket, Cricket and Haze: Baby Names in the News
- In Defense of Atlas, Apple, and North: Ten Reasons to Embrace Unusual Baby Names
Suri is #706 on Nameberry