Sapphire Origin and Meaning
The name Sapphire is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "blue".
Sapphire goes waaaaay beyond Ruby and Pearl. This September birthstone, occasionally used a century ago, might be worth a reappraisal, perhaps as a Sophie/Sophia alternative. Sapphire is the pseudonym of Romona Lofton, who wrote the book Push, which was turned into the movie Precious.
20 Names Similar to Sapphire
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sapphire.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Sapphire
Famous People Named Sapphire
- Sapphirepen name of Ramona Lofton, American novelist and poet
- Sapphire EliaEnglish actress
- Sapphirering name of Juanita Wright, American pro wrestler
Sapphire in Pop Culture
- "I will...lay thy foundations with sapphires." Isaiah 54:11
- Sapphire aka Candice Jean "Candy" Gennarocharacter in DC Power Company comics
- Sapphire Bircha male main character in 'Bitterblue' by Kristin Cashore
- Mistress Sapphirecharacter on TV's "Castle"
- Sapphire Trewhellamain character in the 'Ingo' series by Helen Dunmore
- Sapphire Trollzawacharacter in animated series "Trollz"
- Sapphirecharacter on animated series "Steven Universe"
- Sapphirecharacter in radio/film/television series Amos 'n' Andy
- Sapphirea character in British TV series "Sapphire & Steel"
- Sapphirea main character in "Pokémon Adventures"
- Sapphire Rhodonitecharacter in the video game "Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice"
- Sapphire Staggcharacter in The Justice League animated series