Romulus Origin and Meaning
The name Romulus is a boy's name of Latin origin meaning "citizen of Rome".
He was the original Roman, Remus's twin and a founder of Rome. But parents attracted to this name are advised to read the legend first. Romulus does have some less than savory characteristics, including killing his twin brother and making Rome in his own image, and is later deified as Quinnius. Romy and Quinn might make good twin names.
20 Names Similar to Romulus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Romulus.
Lists containing Romulus
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Gemini Baby Names
- Ancient Roman Names
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Vintage Boy Names
- Cool Boy Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Vintage Baby Names
- Ruling Roman God Names
- Unusual Boy Names
- Hunger Games Baby Names
- UNIQUE BOY NAMES: UNUSUAL AND RARE.
- Best Boy Names That End in S
- Cool Boy Names From Ancient Cultures
- Gladiator Baby Names
Famous People Named Romulus
- Saint RomulusBishop of Genoa
- Saint Romulus of Fiesole1st century martyr
- Romulus Augustulus (born Flavius Romulus Augustus)last Roman Emperor
- Romulus Earl WhitakerIndian herpetologist and conservationist
- Romulus Zachariah Linney IVAmerican playwright and father of actress Laura Linney
- Romulus BărbulescuRomanian science fiction novelist
- Romulus BuiaRomanian footballer
- Romulus CioflecRomanian journalist
- Romulus GaborRomanian footballer
- Romulus MicleaRomanian footballer
Romulus in Pop Culture
- Romuluslegendary founder of Rome; twin of brother Remus
- Romulusvillain in X,Men comics
- Romulusmain character in "Romulus, My Father," 2007 Australian film
- Romulus Threada peacekeeper from "Hunger Games."
- Romuluscodename used by Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter series
- Romulushome planet of the Romulan race in the "Star Trek" series