English"from the country, countryman"
Pagan Origin and Meaning
The name Pagan is a boy's name of English origin meaning "from the country, countryman".
Writer Anne Tyler gave this apt name to the hippie child in her novel Amateur Marriage, but she wasn't the first -- it was also used by the Puritans. Today it would be quite a loaded choice.
20 Names Similar to Pagan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Pagan.
Lists containing Pagan
Famous People Named Pagan
- Paganmedieval ruler of Bulgaria
- Tiziano Pagan De PaganisItalian painter
- José Antonio PagánPuerto Rican baseball player
- Ángel Manuel PagánPuerto Rican baseball player
Pagan in Pop Culture
- Sir Pagan d'Urbervillefounder of the d'Urberville and Durbeyfield families, of which the eponymous Tess Durbeyfield is a member, in "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" (1891) by Thomas Hardy
- Pagan fell out of favor when it became a term used for an irreligious person or someone who believed in more than one god.
- Pagannorthernmost island of the Marianas Islands, pr. pah' guhn
- Pagan Mincharacter in the game "Far Cry 4"