Russian variation of Michael"who is like God"
Mikhail Origin and Meaning
The name Mikhail is a boy's name of Russian origin meaning "who is like God".
One of the most familiar Russian names in the West, thanks to ballet great Mikhail Baryshnikov and state head Mikhail Gorbachev.
20 Names Similar to Mikhail
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mikhail.
Lists containing Mikhail
Famous People Named Mikhail
- Mikhail Sergeyevich GorbachevPresident of the Soviet Union
- Mikhail Nikolayevich BaryshnikovRussian,American dancer and actor
- Mikhail Afanasyevich BulgakovRussian novelist
- Mikhail Alexandrovich BakuninRussian revolutionary anarchist
- Mikhail "Misha" Arkadyevich ShifmanLatvian theoretical physicist
- Mikhail Yuryevich LermontovRussian writer, poet and painter
- Mikhail Jurjevič HraboŭskiBelorussian ice hockey player
- Mikhail Aleksandrovich SholokhovRussian novelist
- Mikhail Mikhailovich YouzhnyRussian tennis player
- Mikhail Ivanovich GlinkaRussian composer
- Mikhail Illarionovich GolenischevKutuzov, Russian field marshal during the Napoleonic Wars
- Mikhail Petrovich LazarevRussian fleet commander and explorer
Mikhail in Pop Culture
- Mikhail Bakunincharacter on American TV series 'Lost' Mikhail Victor, character in the game Resident Evil 3