Maud Origin and Meaning
The name Maud is a girl's name meaning "battle-mighty".
Maud, lacy and mauve-tinted, was wildly popular a hundred years ago, but has been rarely heard in the past fifty. Some stylish parents are starting to choose Maud again, especially as a middle. Maude is another spelling.
As a British royal name, Maud was the daughter of the youngest daughter of King Edward VII and granddaughter of Queen Victoria, who went on to become Queen of Norway. As a lively young girl, she was given the boyish nickname of Harry.
20 Names Similar to Maud
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maud.
Lists containing Maud
Famous People Named Maud
- Maud Charlotte Mary Victoria of WalesQueen consort of Haakon VII of Norway; daughter of Edward VII
- Maud Alexandra Victoria Georgina Bertha of FifePrincess of the U.K.; Countess of Southesk; granddaughter of Edward VII
- Lucy Maud "L.M." MontgomeryCanadian novelist
- Maud GonneIrish revolutionary
- Maud Solveig Christina AdamsSwedish actress
- Maud PowellAmerican violinist
- Maud MulderDutch pop singer
- Maud Hart LovelaceAmerican novelist
- Maud Elizabeth Ballington BoothAmerican Salvation Army leader
- Maud Howe ElliottAmerican author and biographer
- Maud Greenmother of Queen Catherine Parr of England
- Maud Gage Baumwife of noveist L. Frank Baum
- Maud Hentydaughter of novelist G. A. Henty
- Maud Angelica Behn (b. 2003)daughter of Princess Martha Louise of Norway
- Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina Windsor (b. 2013)daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman
- Maud Stevens WagnerAmerican tattoo artist
Maud in Pop Culture
- Maud Flynncharacter in "A Drowned Maiden's Hair"
- Maud Moonshinecharacter in "The Worst Witch" series
- Maud Angelcharacter in the Confession series by James Patterson
- Maud Piecharacter in animated series "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"
- Maud Hardycharacter in G. A. Henty's, Out on the Pampas
- Maud Browncharacter in "The Whole Truth" by Kit Pearson
- "Maud" poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Maud Baileycharacter in A.S. Byatt's novel 'Possession'
- Maud Spellbodycharacter in "The Worst Witch"