Mathis Origin and Meaning
The name Mathis is a boy's name of German origin meaning "gift of God".
Very popular in France, this name -- pronounced mat-tees, like the surname of the painter Matisse -- might make an appealing new way to say Matthew here.
20 Names Similar to Mathis
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mathis.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Mathis
Famous People Named Mathis
- Mathis BollyNorwegian,Ivorian footballer
- Mathis OlimbNorwegian ice hockey player
- Mathis KünzlerSwiss actor
- Mathis MathisenNorwegian novelist
- Mathis MootzGerman electronic musician and DJ
- Mathis Rougerie (b. 2007)son of Aurélien Rougerie
- Shawn Mathis WayansAmerican actor/comedian
- Johnny MathisAmerican singer
- Greg MathisAmerican TV judge
Mathis in Pop Culture
- Mathis der Maleropera by Paul Hindemith based on painter Matthias Grünewald
- Mattees is the French pronunciation, the German pronunciation is said more like Math,Iss.