Feminine form of Malcolm or spelling variation of Melina or Polish, Bulgarian, Serbian"raspberry"
Malina Origin and Meaning
The name Malina is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "raspberry".
Malina is a synthetic-feeling name that may be a feminization of the Scottish Malcolm or a spelling twist on the Greek Melina and that also has a fruit meaning in several Eastern European languages. For all that it's a little bit of lots of things, Malina doesn't feel very much like itself.
20 Names Similar to Malina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Malina.
Lists containing Malina
Famous People Named Malina
- Malina Opal WeissmanAmerican actress
- Malina JoshiMiss Nepal 2011
- Malina MoyeAmerican guitarist and songwriter
- Malina Stancheva StanchevaBulgarian Chalga (pop,folk) singer
- Malina Jean Foleydaughter of American actor, director and screenwriter Scott Foley
Malina in Pop Culture
- Malinacharacter in "The Emperor's New School"
- Malinaa character in TV's "Heroes: Reborn"
- Malinasolar deity in Inuit mythology , the sun goddess; sister of the moon god, Aningaaq.
- "Malina" novel by Ingeborg Bachmann and its main character, later a German film