From the experts:
The eternal fiancee of Superman turned sweet gray-haired lady who's always available to babysit her grandkids. Lois is actually a New Testament name of Greek origin: she was converted by Paul and was the grandmother of Timothy, who became one of Paul's disciples. Other s-ending names are making a comeback, as is Louise, so why not Lois?
Lois was a Top 20 name in the 1920s and stayed in the Top 50 into the 1940's, but dropped off the list completely in 1983.
Lists containing Lois:
- TV Mom Names
- Girl Baby Names That End With S
- Bible Names for Girls
- Top 1920s Baby Names
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Cool Midcentury Baby Names
- Top 1910s Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Christian Baby Names
- Girl Names Uncommon in the US
- Superhero Names
- Biblical Baby Names