Lauretta Origin and Meaning
The name Lauretta is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "bay laurel".
The first syllable of Laura in Italian rhymes with now, so Lauretta does not really sound like the decidedly midcentury Loretta thought most English-speakers will pronounce it that way. Still, this Italian names for girls feels more closely related to the classic beauty Laura and somehow more charming and exotic.
20 Names Similar to Lauretta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lauretta.
Famous People Named Lauretta
- Lauretta NgcoboSouth African novelist
- Lauretta MasieroItalian actress
- Lauretta Vivian LampteyGhanaian lawyer and politician
- Lauretta M Schimmoleraviatrix and first American woman to establish an airport
- Lauretta of Saarbrückensovereign Countess of Saarbrücken; daughter of Count Simon III
- Lauretta HannonAmerican radio personality
Lauretta in Pop Culture
- Laurettadaughter of Justice Credulous and his wife Bridget in the Richard Brinsley Sheridan play "St Patrick's Day" (1775)
- Laurettaone of the seven young women at the heart of Boccaccio's "The Decameron" (alongside Pampinea, Fiammetta, Filomena, Emilia, Neifile (Nephele), and Elissa)