Feminine variation of Cyrus, Persian"throne"
Kyra Origin and Meaning
The name Kyra is a girl's name of Persian origin meaning "throne".
The girls' name Kyra sounds like the also popular Keira/Kiera, but has a different root. There are twice as many baby girls named Keira as Kyra, with Kiera in third place. Kyra now ranks at #590 and is most familiar via actress Kyra Sedgwick.
# 678 in the US
Kyra Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Kyra
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kyra.
Lists containing Kyra
Famous People Named Kyra
- Kyra Minturn SedgwickAmerican actress
- Kyra PhillipsAmerican news reporter
- Kyra ZagorskyAmerican actress
- Kyra GracieBrazilian jiu,jitsu practitioner
- Kyra DuttIndian actress
- Kyra DavisAmerican novelist
- Kyra SundanceAmerican dog trainer and performer
- Kyra Markham (born Elaine Hyman)American painter and actress
- Kyra Beansgranddaughter of Canadian wrestler Bret Hart
- Kyra Renee SivertsonYouTube Star
- Kyra Santoro (b. 1993) Sports Illustrated Model & Actress
Kyra in Pop Culture
- Kyra Blainecharacter on TV's "Castle"
- Kyra Hartcharacter on TV's "Reba"
- Kyratavern wench in the Game of Thrones series
More Lists containing Kyra
- Names that Peaked in 2005
- Persian Names
- Persian Names for Girls
- 4 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Throne
- Names That Mean Variation
- Two Syllable Names for Girls
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.