The name Juliet is a girl's name of French, English origin meaning "youthful". Juliet is ranked #226 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Vintage Baby Names for Girls and discussed in our forums with posts like "Names on NB that make you go WOW!".
From the experts:
One of the most romantic names, the lovely and stylish Juliet seems finally to have shaken off her limiting link to Romeo. In Shakespeare's play, it was Juliet who said "What's in a name?"
French version Juliette, pronounced the same by most English speakers though the French emphasize the last syllable, was more popular than Juliet for the first time in 2015. Both names have taken over for Jennifer and Jessica as fashionable girls' names starting with J.
Juliet Burke was a character on Lost and Juliet Sharp on Gossip Girl. Juliet Low was the founder of the American Girl Scouts.
Other ideas to consider: the original Julia, still lovely; Juliana; or even Jules.
Lists containing Juliet:
- Alternatives to Charlotte
- Girl Names Trendier Than You Think
- Classic Girl Names That Aren't Boring
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Three-Syllable Baby Names
- Coolated Girls' Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Literary Names for Girls
- Space Baby Names
- Names to Substitute for Caroline
- Classic Baby Names for Girls
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Vintage Baby Names
- Disney Channel Baby Names
- Pretty Girl Names
- Sparkling Summer Baby Names
- Stylish L Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Shakespeare Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Fashionable Classic Baby Names
- Feminine Girl Names
- Stylish Girls' Names That End in Consonants
- Valentine's Day Baby Names