Havelock Origin and Meaning
The name Havelock is a boy's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "sea competition".
A name from medieval romance with an endearingly clunky sound, à la Sherlock. The most famous modern wearer was twentieth-century psychologist/sexologist Havelock (born Henry) Ellis.
20 Names Similar to Havelock
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Havelock.
Lists containing Havelock
Famous People Named Havelock
- Havelock EllisBritish sexologist and author
- Sir Henry Havelock (17951857), British general
Havelock in Pop Culture
- Havelok the Danea character in medieval romance
- Lord Havelock VetinariPatrician in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
- Dmitri HavelockCharacter in The Expanse Books by James S. A. Corey
- Admiral Farley Havelockcharacter in the stealth game Dishonored