The name Eve is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "life". Eve is ranked #436 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Bible Names for Girls and discussed in our forums with posts like "Quintuplet Game-GIRLS".
From the experts:
Eve, the oldest name in the Book, is now coming back into style, having the virtues of simplicity and purity, yet with more strength and resonance than other single-syllable names like Ann. British actor Clive Owen chose Eve for his daughter, as did Jessica Capshaw.
While Eve is compromised by its similarity to trendy sisters Ava, Eva, Avery, Evelyn, Evie, ad infinitum, it still has them all beat with its streamlined classic style.
The rapper born Eve Jihan Jeffers goes by the mononame Eve.
Fictional Eves have figured prominently in the films All About Eve, Three Faces of Eve, and WALL·E, and on TV in Angel and Xena: Warrior Princess.
Eve is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Aoife.
Lists containing Eve:
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Short & Strong Girl Names
- Best Girl Names Starting with Vowels
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Popular Bible Baby Names
- Alternatives to Ava
- Alternatives to Eva
- Christmas Names for Pets
- Classic Baby Names for Girls
- Gorgeous Autumn Baby Names
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls
- Short Baby Names
- Bible Names for Girls
- Magical Christmas Baby Names
- Girls' Names With Gravity
- Spooky Halloween Baby Names
- Pixar Baby Names
- Middle Names for Girls
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Cool Midcentury Baby Names
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Fashionable Classic Baby Names
- Stylish Girls' Names That End in Consonants
- December Baby Names
- Girl Names That Mean Life
- Middle Names
- Biblical Baby Names