Erin Origin and Meaning
The name Erin is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "from the island to the west".
First-wave Irish name and place name—the poetic name for Ireland—now supplanted by newer alternatives such as Maeve and Delaney.
# 520 in the US
Erin Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Erin
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Erin.
Lists containing Erin
Famous People Named Erin
- Erin Marie MoranAmerican actress
- Erin Jill AndrewsAmerican sports reporter for ESPN
- Erin BrockovichAmerican environmental activist
- Erin Joyce BradyMiss USA 2013
- Erin Lynn CummingsAmerican actress
- Erin Heatherton (born Erin Heather Bubley)American model
- Erin Zariah SandersAmerican actress
- Erin Hunterpen name of the authors of the "Warriors" book series
- Erin Isabelle BurnettAmerican TV journalist
- Erin Margaret MurphyAmerican actress
- Erin Jean Maria SpanevelloCanadian model
- Erin SmithAmerican guitarist of riot grrrl band Bratmobile
- Erin MorgensternAmerican novelist
- Erin WayAmerican actress
- Erin O'ConnorEnglish model
- Erin Katrina McLeodCanadian soccer player
- Erin Nicole NaylerNew Zealand football player
- Erin Helena Maureen AnttilaFinnish singer of group Nylon Beat
- Erin GruwellAmerican teacher who inspired the film "Freedom Writers"
- Erin Elise (Bates) Paine3rd child (2nd daughter) of the reality TV show "Bringing Up Bates" family
- Emily Erin DeschanelAmerican actress
- Erin Siena Jobs (b. 1995)daughter of Apple co,founder Steve Jobs
- Erin Marie Kelly (b. 1996)daughter of NFL player Jim Kelly
- Erin Feherty (b. 1998)daughter of golfer and sportscaster David Feherty
- Erin Bradshaw (b. 1999)daughter of NFL player Terry Bradshaw
- Erin Bria "E.B." Wright (b. 1999)daughter of rapper Eazy,E
- Erin Cho (b. 2011)daughter of Hong Kong actor Raymond Cho
- Erin Aila Halsey (b. 2015)daughter of athletes Jaime Moore and Steve Halsey; triplet of sisters Eden Rose and Amber Joy
- Erin CuthbertScottish footballer
- Erin KellymanEnglish actress
- Erin Bromage Ph.D.(male) Australian professor of microbiology and immunology
Erin in Pop Culture
- Erin Reagancharacter on TV’s “Blue Bloods”
- Erin Waltoncharacter on TV's "The Waltons"
- Erin Silvercharacter on TV's "90210"
- Erin Strausscharacter on TV's "Criminal Minds"
- Erin Batesvampire in the "House of Night" series by P.C. and Kristin Cast
- Erin Gracecharacter on TV's "The Red Band Society"
- Erinwerewolf character on TV's "Being Human"
- Erin Hannoncharacter on TV's "The Office"
- Erin Forrestercharacter in Melody Carlson's "On The Runway"
- Erin Kennedycharacter in "The Sims 3" computer game
- Erinpoetic name for Ireland
- Erin go braghphrase meaning "Ireland forever"
- Erin Lindsaycharacter on TV's "Chicago P.D."
- Erin GilbertFemale Ghostbuster in the 2016 "Ghostbusters" reboot film
- Erin Quinncharacter in the British sitcom "Derry Girls"
- Erincharacter in the Rooster Teeth animated series "Camp Camp"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.