Eoghan Origin and Meaning
The name Eoghan is a boy's name of Gaelic, Irish, Irish Gaelic origin meaning "born of the yew tree".
Pronounced like Owen, this was the name of several early Irish kings and saints, as well as a celebrated Ulster hero. Often spelled with two 'n's in Scotland, it has been Anglicized as Ewan, Ewen, Euan, Owen, Hugh, or Eugene.
20 Names Similar to Eoghan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eoghan.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Eoghan
Famous People Named Eoghan
- Eoghan Ruadh Ó Néill (Owen Roe O'Neill)commander of Irish forces in the Confederation of Kilkenny
- Eóghan of ArgyllScottish nobleman and soldier
- Eoghan CorryIrish journalist and historian
- Eoghan HarrisIrish politician
- Eoghan HickeyIrish rugby player
- Eoghan QuiggIrish singer
Eoghan in Pop Culture
- also spelt "Eohann"